Make a Difference. Volunteer.
Volunteers are more than an extra set of hands. Volunteers bring kindness and full hearts into Chandler Hall and add to the spirit of compassion that permeates our walls. If you are looking for a meaningful way to make a difference, spend some time at Chandler Hall!
We welcome your uniqueness, your talents, and your special gifts. Your individuality contributes to the diverse experiences we offer our residents. By giving your time, talents and positive energy, volunteers enrich the lives of our residents, and we are grateful.
How can I help?
We welcome your ideas! Here are a few of ours:
- Games — BINGO, cards or chess
- Arts & Crafts
- Chair exercises
- One-on-one visits to chat, read or reminisce
- Current events discussions
- Musical performances
- Special events — onsite concerts or dining events
- Pet therapy
- Clerical support
How do I get started?
The first step is to complete a volunteer application. After the application is reviewed, you will be contacted to schedule a brief interview with the Volunteer Coordinator. To request an application or more information, please contact us as indicated below:
For general volunteering, including students and pet therapy, contact Christine Tentilucci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Hospice volunteering, contact Beth Smith at email@example.com.
- All volunteers 18 years and older are subject to a PA State Criminal Background check.
- General volunteers will receive a brief, one-on-one orientation prior to their first volunteer assignment.
- Hospice volunteers will receive specialized training and orientation.
- Individuals volunteering to fill court-appointed community service hours are not permitted to interact with Chandler Hall residents until their required hours are fulfilled.
- Volunteers under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent at all times while volunteering.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”