Choosing Palliative Care
Facing a serious medical condition or diagnosis can be daunting. Both the patient and their friends and family who support them can feel overwhelmed and helpless in the face of a serious medical condition. The barrage of appointments, treatments, medication management, therapies and more can make you feel like you need a medical degree just to understand it all.
That’s why we’ve created a Community-based Palliative Care program, to help you and your family through challenging times.
Community-based Palliative Care from Chandler Hall Health Services can provide the missing piece, to make management of complex or serious medical issues smoother, while keeping you at home and reducing the need for hospitalization. Our physician-led palliative care team focuses on the whole picture- the patient, and the family. We help coordinate care and are able to help you with advanced directives including Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney and other help, if needed. We work closely with local area hospitals and treatment centers to make it easier to identify and manage any adverse side effects from care and treatments. Our investment in your care helps you to keep living your best possible life.
Using our person-centered care philosophy, we make sure your needs are met so you can complete treatment with the best possible outcome. Our care has been shown to reduce readmissions, keeping you healthier and safer at home.
Chandler Hall is a valued member of the Bucks County community offering:
- Over 30 years of experience providing patient- and family-centric palliative care services in all health care settings in the Bucks County and Northeast Philadelphia area.
- Community Based Palliative Care as a Joint Commission Certification provider.
- A physician-led, dedicated Palliative Care Team.
- A faith-based, not-for profit mission.
Palliative Care Can Help
If you or your loved one is facing a serious illness — such as cancer, COPD, heart failure, Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease — Chandler Hall’s specially trained Palliative Care team works with your physician to:
- Provide relief from pain and other uncomfortable symptoms.
- Assist you and your loved ones in making difficult medical decisions.
- Coordinate care with other clinicians to help you and your loved ones navigate the often-complex health care system.
- Guide you in making a plan for living well, based on your needs, preferences, values, beliefs, culture, concerns and goals for care.
- Offer you and your loved ones and emotional and spiritual support.
Chandler Hall’s Palliative Care team includes:
- Physician Medical Director
- Nurse Practitioner
- RN Coordinator
We are just a call away.
Reach out by calling a Lifestyle Counselor, submitting the contact form or visiting the Welcome Center to learn how to get started with Palliative Care Services.
We provide holistic, personalized care on our campus and in people’s own homes.
Personal Care Services
We provide independence and privacy, but also extra support tailored to your needs.