Chandler Hall is very pleased to announce that we are able to implement a visitation schedule for our Memory Care, Personal Care and Skilled Nursing Communities! It is our hope that this is only the first step to our being able to provide increasingly safe and frequent access to your family members and loved ones. So as of now, this is what it looks like:
Personal Care – Jordan & Phelps
Memory Care – Hicks
- Visitation will be conducted outdoors during good weather. In inclement weather, visitation will be conducted indoors in a neutral/common area.
- Residents may have two scheduled visits per week of no more than 2 visitors at a time.
- Visits are limited to 20 minutes
- Visits are limited to Monday through Friday
- Visitors need to sign up by 4:00 pm the day prior to the desired date. Visits will not be scheduled for the next day after the 4:00 pm cut-off time.
- If you do not have the ability to schedule on-line, please contact us to schedule by calling 267-397-1231 between the hours of 10:00 am to 11:00 am Monday through Friday only. Please remember that calling is only for those who do not have the ability to schedule on-line.
- All visitors will be screened at the Main Entrance. After screening, you will be directed to the area where you will meet with the resident.
- Cloth or surgical masks are required.
- Proper hand washing or use of hand sanitizer is required both before and after each visit.
- Practice safe distancing (6 feet apart) during each visit regardless of the visitors vaccination status.
- It is recommended that, for the safety of your loved one, each visitor be tested for Covid-19 72 hours prior to your visit. Please remember that not all residents or staff have been vaccinated. A negative test result is required.
Friends Nursing Home – Skilled Nursing
Due to the unique medical requirements for our residents at Friends Nursing Home, we have created a slightly different visitation protocol to help ensure the safety of each of the members of this community. While they may seem the same as for those residents of Hicks or Jordan & Phelps, they have been specially tailored to provide additional resident safety, security and peace of mind.
- All in-person visits must be pre-scheduled.
- Visits will be scheduled on the hour and half hour
- Visits will last 20 minutes
- Visits will be scheduled during the hours of 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- No more than two visitors at one time (1 visitor at a time is preferred due to space limitations)
- Only one in-person visit per week due to space limitations. It is our hope that the number and length of permitted visits will increase as safety permits.
- Outdoor visits are preferred however, indoor visits will occur in the Garden Room.
- Visitors to Friends Nursing Home will report directly to the Garden Room where they will be screened using Accu-screen.
Visitor Screenings for Friends Nursing Home -Skilled Nursing
- All visitors must receive a negative Covid-19 test 72 hours prior to the visit.
- All visitors must maintain social distancing protocols of 6ft.
- All visitors must wear cloth or surgical masks.
- All residents will follow mask protocols.
- It is recommended that all visitors use hand sanitizer before and after each visit.
- Ongoing weekly testing of visitors is recommended.
- Vaccination of all visitors is recommended.
- A cleaning of the visitation area will be completed after each visit.
- Residents within the Yellow Zone – or recovering from active exposure to covid-19 are not eligible for in-person visits per CDC and Department of Health guidelines.
We know that you need to see your loved ones in person and that they need to see you. It has been too long a time without the in-person connections that nurture our soul and well-being. But we ask you to take these protocols seriously, for the safety of your loved ones but also for the safety of our staff who have worked so hard to keep everyone safe and feeling cared for. It has been and continues to be our privilege to care for your loved ones and we are so happy that we can begin to close the door on this past year. So – let’s do it together – safely – respectfully, the Chandler Hall way.