Hicks Memory Support Residence
At Chandler Hall, we take time to get to know each of our residents, their families and personal situations. We understand the effects that Alzheimer’s Disease and other types of dementia can have. Our Hicks Memory Support Residence provides a safe and secured environment to ensure that we meet individual needs while making residents feel right at home in spacious apartments.
We implement new and proven memory support techniques to meet the ever-changing needs of residents. All Hicks Residence nursing, dietary, housekeeping and activities staff are specially trained through the Alzheimer’s Association Habilitation Therapy Program. The program focuses on meeting the needs of each resident “at the moment,” with dignity and respect.
In a nutshell, care is Person-Centered:
- We promote independence, personal preferences and adjusting care approaches for each resident.
- We enhance resident’s lives by promoting choice and providing assistance to keep individuals as independent as possible as long as possible.
- Scheduled events and activities evoke pleasant memories and interactions in familiar surroundings.
- Activities are designed to provide connections to the world and people around us.
- Each resident’s family member is part of the Chandler Hall family, and they are welcome to join their loved one throughout the day.
Chandler Hall’s Personal Care Administrator and Resident Care Coordinator work with local specialists in the field of dementia — including psychologists, medical social workers and geriatric physicians — to provide a well-rounded support system for residents and family members.